Please help us organize this Discourse

I’m fine with creating categories as needed. We can let a thousand categories bloom, and then later on figure out which ones have staying power. Experiment and iterate and whatnot.

It seems that only admins can create categories, but once they’re creating others can re-categorize topics. So please just message me with any categories you want made, and I’ll create them for you. (E.g. we should come up with a category for the manifestos.)

Yes, I believe we could make it so that you need, e.g., trust level 2 to edit a wiki post.

Can you elaborate on how the aggressive boosting will keep the materials up to date? You basically mean, people will be incentivized to keep improving the materials because of the cred-and-grain rewards for doing so? This is more than just about boosting, we also need e.g. wiki edit tracking integrated into the Discourse plugin so we can flow cred to wiki editors.

Cool! As TBD, I support your being Champion of the Discourse. I was tempted to write “by the power vested in me as TBD, I proclaim you Champion of the Discourse”, but I wonder: is Championship conferred by me, or is the mantle of Championship simply claimed by you? I suppose we’ll need to think about the rituals of Championship. :slight_smile:

BTW, that’s an idea for a badge–the Champion badge.