For the first podcast, @panchovillage and I will interview @decentralion. We’ll be meeting in the #General voice channel on Dischord at 10am on Thursday to hash out some details, test the audio equipment. Gcal invite here if you feel like joining (sorry, no OSS alternative yet).
For the basic structure, right now we’re thinking of doing a ~30 min interview, as @nothingismagick suggested, then segueing into the regularly scheduled weekly sourcecred community call, where people can ask dandelion follow-up questions, raise concerns, or just chat with other contributors.
If you have any specific topics or questions you’d like to ask dandelion, don’t hesitate to comment:)
Questions I have so far:
- Can you tell us a bit about your background, how you came to found SourceCred?
- Can you tell us a bit about the arc of the project, how we got here?
- How do you think the CredSperiment is going? Have there been any surprises?
- You recently watched the Black Mirror episode Nosedive where a rating system breaks dystopian. How was that?
- What does your most utopian vision of SourceCred look like?
- What do you think are SourceCred’s biggest challenges? If it fails, what do you think will be the reason.
- Where do you hope to see the project in 6 months?
We recorded the last community call using Craig bot as a test. Here’s a link to the first couple minutes (Audacity project, mp3). I think Craig bot sounds pretty good, and am down to try that. Though he seems to have stopped responding to me… Thoughts @panchovillage?