Preliminary CredSperiment Cred

Short Crude response because on the train.

Plus looking at PR #1288 that I have some context on. I think shows a sensitivity to convention, or the breaking of that.

For #1288 a lot of cred I assume comes from me and Vanessa commenting on it like crazy in a very conversational troubleshooting way. A conversation that may be pretty normal, but in other cases may occur on Discord for example and generate not nearly as much cred. I wonder where this PR would land if all conversation comments were nerfed. Not to downplay the value of the PR though, it was several days of work and docker is the primary way I use sourcecred through now. Just suggesting this might have inflated the PR over other ones with similar value.

Likewise I think cred now represents a lot of contributor interaction vs value derived from the software. Imagine feeding docker download numbers into this PR (and others that touch on the docker build pipeline) contrasted with the future npm module. I think could be an interesting factor to measure the value of having published there.

1 Like