SourceCred Codebase Walkthrough

Personally I’d much prefer a series of videos rather than a monolithic one that cannot be readily digested or easily updated.

• Why Sourcecred - a separate presentation, targeting a wider audience.
  • Why and how a dev would wanna join the codebase part of the Sourcecred project is a topic interesting to me. Maybe cover some history and vision and culture, some low impact ways to get involved in testing or porting, some TODOs or wishlists.
  • Instructions on how to install / setup / build / launch I personally much prefer as a text description with command sequences that can be copied, and do find Install videos a waste of my time, particularly since the steps or the appearance could be different on my system, and those invariably become obsolete.
  • Specific application of PageRank, in conjunction with the constructed graph and weights, is a worthwhile topic to cover in detail, for those interested in tuning, optimizing or adding protections against gaming the system.
  • Those looking to extend the capabilities to other data sources, like Discord or Telegram or whatever, will need an overview of the plugin architecture and some hints or recipes. Whether this type of information is conducive to a video presentation is unclear to me, as covering such topics typically starts with a diagram and in the end it comes down to API usage examples.
  • One area I’m interested in is constructing a graph out of a collection of repos corresponding to a project or an effort, with combined accounting, which is orthogonal to a new data plugin. BTW, how should a cloned repo, with extensive new work, be accounted for, when combined with the upstream one(s)?