About Champions and Heroes

We want to build explicit mechanism for boosting contributions, whereby people can burn Grain to increase the Cred of a contribution. This can be seen as participating in a kind of prediction market, since Boosters will get some of the future Cred (and, thus, Grain) that flows to the contribution they boosted. I think it’s plausible that this post will receive a LOT of long term cred, especially if we implement suggestions like this where people who create new systems within SourceCred receive a fraction of the future cred that flows through that system. So, we could imagine @Beanow receiving a fraction of all the future Champion-cred, for having developed this system.

(References on boosting: "Cred Historians" and Curators, CredSperiment System Overview)

However, boosting doesn’t exist yet, so unfortunately you can’t currently do that. :slight_smile: Rather than inventing an ad-hoc way of boosting this one thing, we should start planning how to build the boosting system. I think the first step is to write an Initiative describing how boosting should work and some general thoughts on implementation. There are architectural/technical questions here, but also UX questions. For example: how does a user actually Boost something? Do they do something like writing “@credbot: Boost [link] with 100 grain”? Or do we build a whole separate UI for people to boost things?

I think this would be really valuable. To get this started, it just needs a Champion. :wink:

2 Likes