The Shadow of SourceCred

It’s nice to have this topic. @yetifree makes a good call :pray:on diversity & the need for this signal.

I think you made a good point here :

And it really echoes the current discussion of the props channel in which we need to have more granularity. Every “prop message” should have a category emoji at the end to have a more accurate measure & discussion on how cred is flowing.

On the concern you raise, it’s important to keep an eye on this. It’s a good call on getting some metrics to assess the fairness when we make changes. But I would also “relax” :beach_umbrella: given the fact that :

• it’s been an experimentation for only like 2/3 years…making things different on the long run requires time

• we’re dogfooding so it’s key for us to experiment, to make bold changes and to experience failure in the process to be able to share this journey for other communities.

• It’s still fuzzy in my mind but I think there are two separate levels when questioning fairness.There is the tool we’re building. There is also the use we have as a community. The tool must be robust to provide the fairness the community wants to have

• the existence of this tool to automate a measure with a set of parameters that can be changed : is already an improvement in this “rewarding value” space. Let’s acknowledge and celebrate the small steps before going straight to the bigger steps :smiley:

2 Likes