Hey folx! This list of questions and your answers are eventually going to become a resource document for people joining SourceCred (and a resource for those of us who still have questions, aka, me). If you could a) answer any questions you feel comfortable with using basic, layman’s terms and b) include any questions or information you think ought to be included, that would be super helpful.
- When you flow cred, what does that mean? Where does it come from and where does it go?
- If I flow a lot of Cred to others, does that get rid of all of my Cred?
- What’s the difference between flowing and minting Cred?
- Which platforms flow Cred right now? Which ones don’t?
- How does using a emoji work functionally on Discord? What does it do with Cred when you use that emoji?
- What are the social norms around emoji use on Discord? When is it appropriate and when is it not?
- Which emojis flow cred? How much does cred does each emoji flow?
- How much Cred does a SourceCred emoji flow?
- Is the Discord Plugin online? Are the emojis being used to actually flow Cred yet? (Is that what the Discord Plugin does? or is it something else?)
- How do the “props” and “didathing” channels move Cred around?
- When should you use the “props” or “didathing” channels? When should you not?
- How much Cred do you flow in “didathing” and “props”?
- Does recognizing someone else’s contributions by posting in “props” flow Cred to me at all?
- Will someone still get Cred in “props” or “didathing” if noone reacted with a SourceCred emoji?
- What happens if I react to my own post or a post I was tagged in with a SourceCred emoji?
- What if I contribute with someone? Should I post in both “props” and “didathing?”
- Are the “props” and “didathing” channels permanent? or a temporary bandaid to make up for gaps in the graph?
- Are different amounts of Cred flowed in “props” than “didathing?”
- Are “props” and “didathing” only for platforms that aren’t running with the SourceCred Cred algorithm yet?
- What if I don’t know if my work is already receiving Cred, should I post in “didathing” just in case? Or will that look like gaming?
- I’ve been told that I will receive a small portion of Cred for what’s posted in “props” and “didathing” now, and receive the rest retroactively when the plug-ins are set up for those channels. Isn’t that affecting how much Grain I can take out right now?
- What other questions or information do you think would be helpful to include?
- Do you have any other feedback on this list?