@Bex ran another great FAQ jam session wherein we whittled down the list of starting questions for our FAQ page on the website. We want to gather answers drafted by the community, allowing anyone who feels like they have a good answer to a question to provide it (and earn Cred).
When writing answers, please consider the SourceCred Brand & Language guidelines.
To answer a question, please do this simple two-step process:
- Copy the question in your reply to this thread
- Prefix it like this
### <question>and write your answer below it!
Due Date: 10/6
@Bex will go through to gather the answers after October 6th, so get your answers in before then!
We will do one more FAQ jam to review on 10/8 (around 3pm).
The FAQ List: Questions to be answered
- Can I manually edit Cred scores for Participants?
- If I keep giving likes/upvotes, will I run out of Cred?
- When and how is new Cred minted?
- When and how does Cred flow between people?
- the previous three questions can all have one answer perhaps
- link to How Cred Works + brief mention that you don’t share your own Cred when you reward someone else
- How do I earn Cred?
- i.e. Where’s the source of Cred, how does it flow, and what are the best/minimal starting parameters for bootstrapping a diverse open source community?
- Is Cred a reputation score, or something else?
- it’s a reputation score for your contributions, but not you as a person.
- How do I earn Grain?
Is Grain real money? include answers to the two sub-questions:
- How much is Grain worth?
- Is Grain always a fixed price?
- How does Grain get value?
- It’s worth whatever your community decides it is worth; let’s aim to include specific examples of SC, Maker, MetaGame, etc.
- How do I convert Grain into other currencies e.g. Dollars?
Community & Values
- What problem is SourceCred solving?
- Can SourceCred be used to empower marginalized people?
- What social values is SourceCred based on?
Project & Governance
- What is a Contribution Graph?
- How is this different from being Yet Another Tech Solution to a human problem?
- How is SourceCred governed?
- Does SourceCred require one governance system across all projects?
Technology & Algorithm
- How do I request a feature or plugin for a platform not already offered? - 4
- What is the best way to start using SourceCred in my community? - 5
- How gameable is SourceCred? - 4
- Is my community’s data safe with SourceCred?
- to also answer in this: what data does SourceCred store, exactly?
- How does SourceCred keep track of intangible work? (e.g. organizing meetings, emotional labour, etc) - 4
- 1. not every individual thing needs to be tracked, but a rough assessment of overall activity is enough to make SourceCred a valuable tool to help bring visibility to previously-invisible contributions
- 2. The Creditor is for awarding/designating Cred to intangible work