Looking into the requirements for the initiatives plugin, I found some issues, room for improvement and needed to add functionality. The combination feels like the release of a new version of the Discourse plugin.
Making a proposal to check if this makes sense as an initiative.
As of the merging of https://github.com/sourcecred/sourcecred/pull/1465 this is now available for use from the master branch :]
- Discourse no longer needs an API key.
- Mirroring happens by searching for bumped topics. Making it faster and more robust, especially when interrupting the first load.
- Editing posts is now supported.
- Deleting posts is partially supported (when a topic is updated, posts deleted from it are reflected).
- Overall code quality improvements from refactoring and extra test coverage.
- @decentralion’s regular feedback and help in onboarding into the development process.