Grainmaker Part 1

Sorry I’m just seeing this! Here’s my take: I’m with LB when it comes to formulas - After getting to different paragraphs I needed to go back and find what each thing meant, which definitely took up a few of my spoons. You could list your conclusions and then have a section just for the formulas, perhaps, so it’s all in one place.

I’d say what would help most for readability in the non-formula areas is making it a bit more concise and having some simpler word choice. There weren’t any words that were difficult to understand, but having a lot of technical words in one sentence where you’re also trying to relay what the math solutions confirmed and what that means for SourceCred, it makes it hard to find the kernel of your sentence.

Overall, the data seems pretty legit, and you gave clear examples with Grain estimates. It seems like some solid content and novel ideas. If you’re interested, give @s_ben’s post on SourceCred Voice a look. If you mixed this into your post, I think it would be easier for a majority of readers to come away from your post with the understanding you intended.

Happy to talk about this more if you want! (I’ve changed my email notifications so I’ll actually know when I’m tagged on Discourse now)

2 Likes