Guide to Converting Grain

Okay, I did things slightly differently and got the double-check from @decentralion to make sure I wasn’t mistaken. I think the way I did it requires fewer steps and may be easier overall so I’ll briefly detail it below so it doesn’t become lost.

How to get your DAI-USD address for the “Grain Sale Request” form:

1. Sign into your already-created CoinbasePro account.

2. Click on the CoinbasePro DAI-USD Trading Page link in the topic above. This brings you to CoinbasePro’s Trading Page for DAI to USD. (Note that we are specifically using CoinbasePro and not Coinbase.com)

3. Double checking that you are am in fact signed in (see your name in the top right hand corner), and the trading market is indeed set to “DAI-USD” (see the header at the top of the left-hand column next to the “Select Market” dropdown menu) Click the “Deposit” button within that left-hand column. (This is because you want an address that will “deposit” currency into your CoinbasePro account.)

4. A new pop-up window opens displaying a long list of currencies. Select “DAI” from the list.

5. The pop-up window content will shift to display two options: “Crypto Address” and “Coinbase.com”. Choose Crypto Address.

6. Read and click the two confirmations to arrive at the wallet address; in the form of a QR Code, and a text address (a long string of letters/numbers below the QR code).

7. Copy the text-form wallet address and add this to the appropriate field of your Grain Sale Request form.

I suspect that the currency will go straight into my CoinbasePro as the address from Coinbase.com was different when I compared the two. This makes it so that I don’t have to deal with moving the currency from my Coinbase.com to my CoinbasePro, and makes the whole process a bit more streamline.

4 Likes