Proposal: February 2022 Airdrop

Update: Finalization

At 2:30 PM PST, @zevi, @HartVyne, @AL0YSI0US, @rachel, @s_ben, @MorganicMovement, @merrick and I gathered and finalized the airdrop! Not everyone who opted in came to the finalization. If you aren’t happy with the outcome, please do say so.

Responses to the Questionnaire

We received responses to the questionnaire from 16 total users. 1 user requested 0 dollars, and another had not yet contributed to the project. This left 14 contributors requesting funds.

Me, Zevi, and Rachel forgot to explicitly ask on the form if people felt comfortable with their responses being shared. As such, I don’t feel comfortable sharing the entire sheet; if all contributors consent, I would be down to share them. In the meantime, though – it is common practice at SourceCred to share how much money each contributor receives from payouts. As such, I’m sharing the maximum amount people requested and the math we did to arrive at final payouts, but currently not sharing the other info from the questionnaire (namely, full need and contributions over the past month).

Some contributors were open to payment within a range. We took everyone’s maximum request, which came out to a total of $31,200. Maximum requests were as follows:

Name Max Requested Amount USDC
ezrau 3000
saintmedusa 1200
sandra 1000
Nav 1200
Willow 1400
rachelll 4500
Marcie 650
AL0YSI0US 4000
zevi 5500
kingdamieth 150
Ryeder 3000
s_ben 1000
MorganicMovement 900
HartVyne 3700

Leftovers & Bonuses

I originally proposed that we allocate $40k for this airdrop. The total request came out to $31,200. This means we had $8,800 left over.

At the meeting, we discussed a few options for what to do with the remaining money. Several options came up: turning it into a mutual aid fund, putting it towards specific projects, doing DeFi, etc. Since the original proposal called for a bonus if we went under $40k, I proposed we splitting the remainder in half and sending one half to bonuses, and reserving the other half for… something else.

So, for the moment, we went ahead and and put $4,400 into bonuses. Divided between the 14 recipients, that’s $314.28 per person. One participant opted to give their bonus to another participant. This came out to the final payouts:

Name Final Airdrop Amount USDC
ezrau 3314.28
saintmedusa 1514.28
sandra 1314.28
Nav 1514.28
Willow 1714.28
rachelll 4814.28
Marcie 964.28
AL0YSI0US 4000
zevi 5814.28
kingdamieth 778.56
Ryeder 3314.28
s_ben 1314.28
MorganicMovement 1214.28
HartVyne 4014.28

Payments were sent out at 4:50PM today… except for @HartVyne’s payment, because I did a clerical error and accidentally left them off the .CSV. We’re working on fixing that.

But back to that remaining $4,400. What are we doing with that?

What will that “something” be?

A few options came up:

• Just use the rest as a bonus
  • Turn it into a mutual aid fund
  • Use it for decentralized finance
  • Apply it to the upcoming 8-week UBI experiment

Because the experiment is coming up next week, we’re about to have a BUNCH of questions and answers about what money goes where. I personally think it makes sense to fold this conversation in with that one.

2 Likes