I recently created a START HERE page on our Roam knowledge base, to help onboard newcomers get oriented around what SourceCred is, how we use Roam, etc.
We also have a START HERE channel on Discord.
Suffice to say, I think we should have a START HERE page on all of our main platforms, official website included, and have all of them link to each other. The other day I started drawing a little diagram (yay for Apple Pencil and Procreate):
What structure & content should these START HERE pages have? There should be:
- consistency between them all: structure, org-wide content, and clarity of purpose;
- platform-specific content to explain the how, what, and why of that particular platform.
Here’s the structure for our Roam’s Start Here page:
- What is SourceCred?
- SourceCred’s Mission (TBD)
- The Vision of SourceCred (TBD)
- SourceCred’s values (TBD)
- Useful Links
- Additional platforms SourceCred uses
- What we use Roam for
- How to use Roam
- Formatting text
- Creating and linking to pages (notes)
Feedback welcome and wanted!