In a recent update Discourse reference detection was added. Where GitHub detection was already present. However currently the two don’t leave their own ecosystem. GitHub can’t link to Discourse and vice-versa.
This proposes a system where each plugin can instead define it’s “referencable” types and reference detection functions to SourceCred’s core, allowing the core to cross-reference between different plugins
- Cross-plugin reference detection.
- Makes it easier for new plugins to add more reference detection.
- Discuss the system requirements.
- Implement abstractions in SourceCred core.
- Move existing plugins (GitHub, Discourse) over to use it.
- Abstractions in SourceCred core.
- Compatible GitHub and Discourse plugins.
- Discourse reference detection
- GitHub reference detection