CredSperiment: Opt-in or default-in?

I support a mana protocol that rewards early participants and aligns player incentives to create value for SourceCred. If the value of SourceCred is captured/represented in mana, then those who earn mana will want to contribute more to SourceCred. As those players contribute, the value of SourceCred will increase. As the value of SourceCred increases, the demand for mana (in a perfect world) will also increase. The price of mana should reflect the increase in value. This aligns incentives for all parties involved :slight_smile:

This is a very good point!

On the other hand, if I “play the game,” but know that my contributions will lose value over time, then it feels like life is stealing from me. Inflation is more fun because we all “feel” like we’re getting richer even though the real value of the pie has not increased. With depreciation it feels like I’m losing. What’s the point of being an early contributor and doing all the work to bootstrap the system if my work is only going to fade into the sunset and whoever comes along later and contributes when things are easy is going to earn more than my future self?

Is SourceCred chain and/or an ERC-20 token on the Cred Weighted Roadmap?

1 Like