Ok, so I’ve got a rough outline of how I think we might move forward:
Homepage “splash” section
- title (SourceCred: a protocol for open collaboration)
- live feed of SourceCred Core scores
- 3 high level features (value prop) of SourceCred
Homepage “main” section (categories view)
- CredSperiment: everything related to discussing, using, and building SourceCred
- Community: everything related to reaching out to the world to help them understand SourceCred as well as helping people who want to contribute to SourceCred
- Uncategorized: catch-all for stuff that admins can then organize
- logo, title, and tagline
- Play: resources to play the SourceCred game
- Deploy: resources to deploy your own SourceCred instance
- Contribute: resources to contribute to the core SourceCred community
- Social links: links to other SourceCred channels
The idea it to make it easy for people to engage with the SourceCred community. Having a live feed of the Cred scores from this very forum is a very interactive experience for new users and the current community. Also, if this was the main website (sourcecred.io), then any links in tweets, the podcast, and any other outreach campaigns would directly drop people into the SourceCred community and CredSperiment. They would still see all the high level info that’s currently on the website, but they could also talk to the community to ask questions. They could start playing the SourceCred game as they learn about it!
Currently we’re about half way there. Need to figure out how to optimize the “splash” section. Then, if we’re happy with things, need to figure out how to point sourcecre.io here.