SourceCred

New SourceCred Tagline

At our office hours call today, we came up with a new tagline for SourceCred, namely:

SourceCred: A Reputation Protocol for Open Collaboration

I’m quite pleased with this; it is both general and descriptive, and I don’t think we could take any words out without losing important meaning. This replaces previous taglines like “shine a light on open-source contributors” or “recognize people for the value they create”, all of which were vaguer and communicated some intention/goals, but didn’t communicate what SourceCred is.

Of course, pull requests accepted–I welcome any suggestions on even better taglines. :wink:

Thanks to @rzurrer for describing SourceCred as a “peer-reviewed reputation protocol” which really got the discussion going, and to @mzargham for suggesting “open collaboration” in lieu of “open endeavors”.

2 Likes

I changed the tagline on twitter. https://twitter.com/sourcecred

1 Like

I also lightly refactored medium to highlight @decentralion’s intro article (which probably should get a tweak to reflect the tagline) and changed the tagline on the publication level.

1 Like

Another “tagline” kind of idea (probably not a tagline itself, but a nice little meme):

SourceCred’s goal is to revolutionize open-source ecnomics.

It seems to me like a subset of what SourceCred can do. Of course there’s a big focus on economics, but it’s more like the protocol is designed to be resilient and create positive incentives when used for payments.

Some other use-cases:

• Getting to know your own contributors better and recognizing them for their help.
  • An easy way to find out and prove who has a significant role in a community (good for talent scouts / your resume?)
  • Detecting healthy vs unhealthy patterns. Like low bus-factor.
1 Like