Please help us organize this Discourse

Are we ok with just creating more as needed, or do we want to restrict the categories?

My vote would be to let them happen when they need to happen, but open to being convinced otherwise.

Yeah everyone should def be able to contribute. Since we’re still in the early days it can be everyone, but eventually we might want to implement a Wikipedia style system where you need reputation and/or trust levels to do this. I think Discourse actually has a Trust Levels system built in right?

Materials we need:

• SourceCred Manifesto
  • High-level SourceCred overview
  • how to guide for the SourceCred Discourse community (best practices around commenting, how cred is earned, and eventually how to boost and stuff)
  • getting started guide with open initiatives or discussions that people can get started with (like the “good first Issue” tags on GitHub)
  • SourceCred lightpaper
  • SourceCred glossary/wiki for key terms and concepts
  • links to all SourceCred social media
  • links to projects using SourceCred

How do we keep these materials up to date?

• Aggressive boosting! The SourceCred community is going to grow, and as it does it’s going to need to scale. boosting combined with reputation/trust levels will allow the community to naturally engage with the process
  • Until we have boosting and whatnot, there needs to be a champion. I volunteer as tribute under the conditions that I can work on this during nights and weekends, the expected timeline is that things start to look better in the next month or two (probably earlier, but sometimes life happens), and that anyone who wants to participate can also participate :slight_smile:

Regarding how to tackle all this, honestly I kind of just want to figure it out. I already have tons of concrete tasks and deliverables in my life, so here I want to explore and participate as I feel inspired. Currently I’m feeling very inspired so this is good.

• The first thing I want to do is better define what SourceCred is and how it works (manifesto and lightpaper)
  • then I want to make sure that everyone can easily understand SourceCred and contribute (getting started page, SourceCred Discourse how-to guide, glossary/wiki, open Issues/Initiatives (GitHub/Discourse)
  • then I want to make sure that all the categories and things are organized so that the long-term contributor experience (beyond a casual user) is awesome and people really love this community as much as they love anything (historian/curator stuff)
1 Like