Supernodes: Moving past raw activity

Circling back to highlight a few important things.

First, when I first read through this it didn’t click. After talking to @decentralion today the idea of Supernodes (literally “super” nodes on the SourceCred graph) makes a lot more sense. We can insert nodes on the graph and flow Cred to them and as more people reference those nodes more Cred flow to them. This can be Initiatives, and lots of Initiatives can combine into Artifacts: a Supernode of Supernodes. Before I was thinking from the perspective of the Discourse UI and the connection didn’t make sense, but thinking about it from the perspective of the SourceCred graph makes sense. Would be really cool to create a Supernode visualizer like @decentralion mentioned so that people could see this right away.

Second, after talking to @decentralion and also @s_ben about how to turn Initiatives into Artifacts it’s becoming clear that the temporal aspect of Artifacts is incredibly important. Reading through this thread the first time I didn’t quite appreciate the contributions @Beanow brought to the conversation. Frankly I still don’t get how we’re going to track contributions through time, but I’m glad we’re exploring how that might work.