Community Introductions Thread

Welcome to the SourceCred community!

Please say hi and tell us a little about yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. My name is Glen Cooper. I am the owner of bitcoin firstbits 1GLENCo. I am disabled as the result of a motor vehicle accident in 2016 (see mva.glencooper.com). Prior to the TBI in the MVA, I was an IP Engineer at a fintech company in Reston, VA. At this point in January 2020, I still have an unbendable knee, frequent migraines, vertigo, memory problems, unable to code anything since the accident. Hoping I can become a productive member of society again someday working for a Non-Prof.

1 Like

Hey hey,

Louis here. Had this discourse account for a while but Iā€™m about to become a bit more active as I have more time on my hands now :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been working as a community lead ā€“ and a bunch of other things ā€“ at Aragon in the past (with @burrrata :raised_hands:) . Today Iā€™m spending time ugrading my hacking skills helping researchcollective.io and uprtcl.io. Want to dig more into how sourcecred could work with ExpertDAOs!

Cheers :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Iā€™ll introduce myself briefly. Javier Canovas. Assistant professor at Open University of Catalonia (Barcelona, Spain). Researcher interest in mining repositories and software analysis (with emphasis on what governs software projects).

I discovered SourceCred late 2019 but came back again after attending a presentation by @decentralion at the metagov initiative.

Iā€™m now rediscovering SourceCred and analyzing its output (mainly cred.json). Iā€™m exploring how SourceCred could help me to discover governance models in OSS projects. Any help is more than welcome.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I go by Eth_Man here and on reddit, MakerMan on Maker. I am a long time researcher (privately) on decentralized organizations. My experience and knowledge span far too many disciplines to list. I discovered sourceCRED through Maker forums and came here from work done by Ben regarding a reddit sub I frequent /r/ethtrader DONUTS: a case study in tokenized incentives

My interests for a long time have been related to solving the social aspects of business, flattening compensation for work from top to bottom and the societal/legal issues of organizational decentralization. I also have a high interest in using the models discovered above in government as well as business. Goal has been to transform current centralized everything into more decentralized models paying attention to fairness, equitable reward distributions, system efficiency and robustness against unexpected events, response accuracy and latency, cost, and once a model is identified the pragmatic path of transformation from model A to model B, etc.

FYI: I think a link to this introduction page in the discourse FAQ would be nice. :slight_smile: If it is there I missed it. Once we come up with a ELI5 Introduction to SourceCRED might be nice to link such a beast as well.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Carla and Iā€™m based in Italy. New to the crypto world and in love with tripscommunity and with decentralized organizations. Tripscommunity is a real peer-to-peer booking platform started in 2017. Iā€™m a tripscommunity member and an active collaborator. Iā€™m studying sourcecred docs :slight_smile:

Jojo here: Non-binary trans, mixed, of African heritage, eastern european jew, white person, ze/they pronouns. I currently reside in occupied Muckleshoot, Duwamish, Stillaguamish, Coast Salish, and Suquamish land; Seattle, WA and spent the last 6 years in occupied Cowlitz, Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde and Clackamas territories; Portland, OR.

I am bred from a wealthy household raised by disabled parents who were both raised in poverty themselves - my father a child raised in Newark during the Great Depression. As an adult Iā€™ve never made over $9k/year though Iā€™ve lived off of loans inasmuch as $18k/year. I have no crypto experience except by proximity to techies during the bitcoin emergence living in Santa Cruz, CA from 2009 to 2014.

I am cultured from 13 years lived experience in decentralized, queer, anarchist movement spaces mostly in the form of cooperative living with active roles in facilitation, mediation, onboarding, direct action, domestic coordination including shared finances, divination, queering space, event organizing, consent mentorship, shepherding care, food justice, and instruction in visibilizing feminized support roles.

I am grieving the 2 short years I practiced as a chiropractic physician developing a vision to support the wellness of lead organizers during event production and execution. Iā€™m actively licensed and insured as a chiropractor and functional medicine doctor. I focus on food, movement, introspective and breathing-based solutions to brain/gut, body/blood, emotional/spiritual imbalances. I am constantly shaping new technologies of trust, embodiment, and listening mostly in one-on-one interactions.

My dreams include studying talmud with queer mentors, working with the spines of big cats, and investigating the relationship between sexuality and strains of gut bacterium/ the microbiome.

Some of my live mentors include land activist Valencia Wombone, grief mentor and trusted elder Romaine Harris, authors adrienne maree brown and Alexis P Gumbs, holistic resistors Aaron Johnson and Porsha Beed, and PhD, instructor, researcher, and clinical immunologist Heather Zwickey. The deepest and most valuable lessons Iā€™ve learned Iā€™ve learned from Black and Indigenous children and adults.

I value beauty, humor, generative conflict, land acknowledgements, accessible language choices, unconventional questions and language as a spiritual practice, queer/ femme/ BIPOC led spaces, slowing down, rest, and supporting emotional resilience.

I admire failures as lessons and disengagement and self-reflection as antidotes for defensiveness. I love you.

3 Likes

Hello all,

My name is Jill. I work with Geeks Without Bounds and DisCO.coop. I just moved to the area known to colonizers as Seattle from a year in Panawahpskek territory (along the Penobscot river). In between here and the last place, I had a brief stay where I was born in occupied Patwin and Miwok territory (Sacramento, CA). My mother is from southern Mexico from the area previously known as Tlazintla. We are descended from the Nawa, Tutunaku, NundajÉØypappÉØc (one sliver of the people commonly grouped together under the name ā€œOlmecaā€, ā€œthose from the place of rubberā€), Chinanteca, Spanish, Portuguese, and people stolen from the West African Kingdoms in the slave trade. On my fatherā€™s side, we are mostly from Ireland and England, interspersed with other northern European people.

I want to see Indigenous systems and cultures develop along their own lines and flourish as equals in this world dominated by European/Colonialist/Imperial/Kyriarchal ideologies and cultures. I also want people to see and learn how to live more in harmony with nature. So Iā€™m kind of a bridge between two worlds. I may be a technologist, but Iā€™m in love with humanity. Iā€™m not in love with technology and Iā€™m especially not in love with technologically mediated social and ecological abuse.

Iā€™m a DisCOnaut, I figured Iā€™d come hang out and answer whatever questions I can. I also believe there is a lot of potential dialog we can have about how we value things, like our work, how we care for each other, and the incredible world of nature that exists around us all.

To learn more about me, please visit https://adaburrows.com/ and explore.

3 Likes

Hi Jill! Welcome and thanks for sharing about yourself here.

I just learned about DisCO and would love to chat sometime to hear about it in action. Maybe in person at distance with warm drink in hand? We can take advantage of our special land sharing privilege if we want :slight_smile:

Wildly, Jojo

I am in connection with Aaron, How sweet to see both his and Porchaā€™s name in this space. {cleaning up the introductions backlogā€¦}

Hello Iā€™m Christopher Thompson (aka finitechris). As I expressed in my Discord-based intro, self-exposure is a new but passionate habit of mine; and so, I wonā€™t hesitate in being vulnerably honest from the very start:

As I search for the full understanding and proper vernacular of my pronouns I feel a bit uncomfortably out of touch with our amazing and rapidly evolving times. Part of the gravity of this for me is that I currently consider myself spiritually 5 years old while stationed in a human vehicle manufactured in 1969. I came to the end of my first life a little over 5 amazing years ago and a deep gratitude has been growing daily ever since. My life now cannot be described with even the very grandest of words. My days are filled with the indescribable joy of an adult human living without fear, the inspiration of an artist without the boundaries of mediums, and the curiosity of a healthy deeply loved child.

Back to the pronouns: and I am no closer to knowing how to define me. ā€œFluidā€ seems to fit most universally for me now - and this is respectfully professed as I can range quite wildly in my emotional/ physical/ spiritual/ sensual/ animal manifestations - the strong constant being the inherent unconditional positive regard for all sentient beings - with our earth mother emphatically included.

For those familiar with Dr. Elaine Aronā€™s work on the hypersensitive persons (HSP) - I was born an HSP and have been blessed to adapt healthy methods to put those heightened sensitivities to some good purposes I.e. emotional awareness, empathetic/ compassionate practices, and intuitive resources.

The technical/ traditional/ institutional learning in my new life has been nothing short of parabolic and Iā€™ve been tremendously fortunate to have the resources to take on a massive learning journey starting with a 2 year deep dive with UCSDā€™s offerings in Psychology/Behavioral Sciences - another 2 years of intensive certification-based practitioner trainings in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Neuro-Linguistic Programming - and for the last year Iā€™ve both completed the MIT Blockchain Technologies and Applications certification and begun an intense 32 week ā€œProfessional Certification in Coding: Full Stack Development w/MERN from MIT. Holy shit! My head may explode but itā€™s an enormous joy to be involved with all of it. My Non-traditional or autodidactic learning has always been on the sphere of obsession with a seemingly insatiable appetite for new information/experiences. My life is also comprised of a constant and full spiritual practice - seeking within the traditional and undefined spaces. Iā€™m a student of Ryushin Paul Haller (Soto Zen roshi of the San Francisco Zen Center & Tassajara), Jon Kabat-Zinn, Pema Chodron, and many other Buddhist aligned teachers. The ā€œUndefinedā€ comes from a wide variety of influences including a couple of my own creations & explorative modalities (E.g. Dynamic Audio Therapy).

For those that identify with the personality classifications defined by Myers-Briggs I scored a: INFP-T (but can vary as my scores are very neutral). Professionally, my first life was made up of a nomadic career that also ranged through many different professional positions and settings. A couple illustrations as examples: Executive postings and consultations, PGA Teaching Golf Pro, Firefighter/EMT, Crisis Interventionist/Counselor, Renewable Energy Entrepreneur, and the list goes on.

My most recent life, professionally, has been filled with the passionate effort to build a collaborative community called ā€˜The Common Watersā€™. The genesis of this endeavor came from the realizations found through the system dynamics learned while in the MIT Blockchain Technologies schooling. The idea illuminated through combining projects of real world need (Similar to the United Nations SDG 17) with these transformative technologies. Although very early in development we formed an interest group of some very dedicated people. The evolving idea was to take this ā€œinterest groupā€ and align it with an earlier life-project which, presently unnamed, I call an ā€œEgalistemicā€ community which has the potential to reach a network of more than seven million people. This diverse network originated out of a renewable energy project and included individual influencers as well as large organizations; including a few Unions.

Iā€™m experiencing an intense interest in learning all I can about the SourceCred community and how its product may influence the positive transformations we so clearly need in our shared world. Within all of my lifeā€™s many experiences my heart has always sought a community like this one; my head never let it be so well imagined. This all seems somehow destined and timed by some divine source that feels to me as an exciting new space to passionately build something akin to home. I would very much love to offer anything I have to this communityā€™s peoples: Any of my professional or non-professional services/ abilities/ talents are hereby offered in support of this exciting collaborative undertaking.

4 Likes

Hi All! purple heart Skennen Kowa, Great Peace yā€™all

Great to be in this amazing space. Weā€™d like to thank JoJo & Haz for the kind welcoming into this project. We are here as part of two working groups: historical matrilineal Two Row Wampum working group & Stacks Governance working group. We hope to build a web3 platform built atop the Stacks v2 chain (live now) that can serve as the beginning of a series of important web3 data models for local/regional SDGs.

This historical Longhouse council of the Five Nations Confederacy retains important indigenous protocols for bottom up organization & long term sustainability.

Historically this represents an opportunity for a transformative correction to our settler colonial system & our systemā€™s current extractive modes of production, fabrication & distribution. This council also holds a unique international jurisprudence (their Five nations flag legally flies on international seas). This jurisprudence is intact precisely because of an intact matrilineal cosmology --a beautiful example of long term resilience in brutal complex dynamics.

We hope to begin the path toward tangible case studies of bottom up distributed governance models. While also showcasing the benefits of transdisciplinary systems design. Key to these efforts will be systems building in the context of authentic indigenous dialogue. See our TRWDGs that are being incorporated in syllabus of cohorts to UN COP & KERNEL Fellowship site! These local open R&D & tools innovation models are our effort to transform conventional GDP models for SDGs based data in web3-- TRWDGs.

MOREā€¦

Our platform and anyone interested will have access to unique nationhood & jurisprudence that offers a nationhood level autonomy to every individual/collective. This autonomy that can restrict external interference (conventional international/domestic jurisdictions) is important for the transformative power & protections for peaceful dialogue in all geopolitical dynamics of today.

This jurisprudence only possible because of warnings of southern nations precisely to protect the hemisphere, this warning prompted the Two Row Wampum Peace Treaty to be signed by every settler nation from the Dutch to the British/Americans.

Through access to the newly formed Womenā€™s Nation & our platformā€™s access to the Two Row Wampum working group, we hope we can give folks in this community an overwhelming feeling of better late than never in our urgent times.

In addition to working with this very unique council for two years now,

Weā€™re happy to share we have recently just begun work with many other of inspirations to our project-- we just began working with Ron Eglash of the Generative Justice research group on our first wicked system design based prototype for Indigenous STEAM. This is exciting as Eglashā€™s work introduced us to the transformative power of open source & digital fabrication --now core to our platform model, along with his ideas for modest AI for automated pairing for artisanal trade networks.

This language of long term sustainability in web3 very much inspired by Primavera De Filippi of Metagov. Hoping to present here, a solid path toward ensuring the Stacks ecosystem has access to long term sustainability via bottom up decision making mechanisms & web3 data models that can lend themselves to Two Row Wampum dialogue in the next iterations of world trade & SDGs.

What weā€™d like to speak on is two fold:

1. Our community has added Stacks auth to Matrixā€™s polished chat client. Because this client has a discord bridge & puppeting we were hoping attaching PK would give our Stacks ecosystem a viable decision making mechanism, without having to build something from scratch, as our engineering teams have been swamped with Stacks2 mainnet launch.

2. This same client will be instrumental in our Indigenous protocols efforts! Allowing for client side local data security for at risk indigenous communities involved in our Two Row Wampum dialogue efforts. But PK will also allow the implementation of on/off chain governance options, bringing indigenous oral constitution as much as possible into 1s & 0s for managing chat interactions(the consensus template in Community Rule will be fundamental for the indigenous councilā€™s protocols!).

This along with the blockchain efforts of Metagov to plug n play community protocols --where matrilineal oral protocols mentioned will be our focus. Weā€™ve also been tinkering with SourceCred instances recently, hopefully this can dovetail nicely with our blockchain efforts with Metagov and Stacks PoX features. We also believe the intrinsic value(s) visualizations & system design of the DaDa platformā€™s Invisible Economy can be fundamental to restructuring value(s) of flows in bottom up systems models. These efforts with SourceCred & the Longhouse can also be easily included in our Stacks Foundation grant application WIP. We know the Longhouse is very excited to start this work.

4 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Annie, the founder of IRL Art - www.irlart.com

We are passionate about building art experiences IRL and virtually. We are the art stewards of ETHDenver, our local buidlathon. We are community members of https://unique.one and were recently granted $rare through their community DAO to allocate funding to our artist community and continue our research in weaving together physical and virtual art. We are on instagram and twitter at irlart__

We are interested in learning more about tokenized communities, radicalizing our approach to collaborative work environments, and promoting equity, transparency, and capturing artists value. Artists can find our calls for artists which are always paid opportunities on irlart.com. Art organizers are also welcome to use our platform and network to host their own calls for artists. We are all about sharing resources and tools to promote a more healthy creative economy. I love what I see so far with sourcecred, and Iā€™m interested to continue learning how to integrate technology throughout our collectiveā€™s efforts. thank you all

1 Like