Discourse Director

All good points! I guess I could just create an initiative to “make Discourse better,” but that doesn’t have the same feel.

Also, then who gets admin powers on Discourse? Will the tyranny of strucurelessness just lead to strange social hierarchies that are not formally documented? I don’t have a crystal ball, but I would imagine it would.

Overall, I was excited to help. I saw an opportunity for something that was not being fulfilled currently where I could contribute a lot. My goal was to do work that makes contributing easier and more fun. As a contributor myself, I have to have fun the process too. I contribute to SourceCred on nights and weekends instead of watching movies or going out to dinner. I’m here because I love it, but I’m sensing a disturbance in the force.

If Director positions are not something the SourceCred community (really mostly 3-5 people at this point) then that’s fine. But then, Discourse still needs to be organized. My vote would be to do whatever allows us to build and iterate fastest as we’re still at trust level 1 and we’re still very much in the experimentation phase. Not sure what that looks like, but I’m sure we’ll figure it out together :slight_smile: