Podcast #3 (wchargin) rough cut

Below is a first cut of the podcast interview with @wchargin, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wlrr_D2Nra1jpzWbORzChvOJvRH23aWX/view?usp=sharing

Willam, just let me know if there’s anything you want to change before we publish. I edited out ~20 mins to get it down to 30min length, so if something was cut you think is important and want to add back in, here’s the unedited audio.

1 Like

This is great! Thanks so much.

A few small requests:

• At 8:01, I say, “as a bit—maybe, I guess I can just mention, I don’t know how you’ll choose to edit this in—but”: Could you cut that out, for flow?
  • Could you cut out the 10-second pause from 25:34 to 25:45? (Right after you ask, “If SourceCred were to fail, why would it fail?”)
  • If possible, could you fix the oversilibance artifacts at 27:56 (“with semantics that make sense”)? They’re three back to back, around 150–170 Hz peak. If this isn’t easy, don’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

Also, you might consider increasing the spoken track volume relative to the music in the intro and outro sections. I find it a bit difficult to hear your voice.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m new to this podcasting thing, and still figuring it out, so this is helpful.

As for your requests, all reasonable. I will confess, I made similar edits to my own voice, removing a few “ums”, awkward pauses, etc. I can at least make a few edits for the guest:)

My partner said the same thing about the music volume actually, so will bring it down.

Revised copy sounds perfect; thanks so much!