It feels to me like our current set of Discourse categories isn’t really working–having the categories all nested makes them confusing, and the categories are too finely grained. I’d like to significantly simplify the organization. Here’s what I propose:
- The Credsperiment: Stuff pertaining to SourceCred’s own cred, grain distributions, weight changes, etc.
- Research: Questions about how SC works, proposals to change it, etc. Absorbs “system design”
- Community: Stuff pertaining to the SC community itself, including governance, community calls, culture discussion.
- Media: Contains art, podcasts, links to presentations
- Site Feedback: Kept as-is
- Initiatives: Keep this category more-or-less as-is
In this proposal, all other categories would be deleted or retired.
What do y’all think?