🧠 W o r k s h o p s

:thread: W O R K S H O P S . . .

Starting a thread to hold workshops people are interested in.
Gonna list a few I’m tracking and hope others know of / share resources too.

I appreciate well curated workshops. Lux is a being whom I know who has been working with slow and acute diligence and genuine humility in their learnings and offerings. I am pleased to be sharing their public offerings, I attended a recent offering From Lux and Kelen and it was very good.
Have been in community for some time with Lux.

Consent as an Awareness Practice w/ Lux Gypsum

:globe_with_meridians: Event Announcement
:spiral_calendar: Wed Jan 26 2022
:clock6: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM PST
:round_pushpin: Online, Zoom
:heavy_dollar_sign: FREE

Conflict in Context: Culture & Power w/ Kelen Laine & Lux Gypsum

:spiral_calendar: Mon Jan 31, 2022
:clock6: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM PST
:heavy_dollar_sign: [sliding scale]

Consent & Communication Deep Dive w/ Kelen Laine & Lux Gypsum

• [ 6-week series ]

:spiral_calendar: Wednesday 9 February
:clock6: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM PST
:heavy_dollar_sign: [sliding scale]

3 Likes

A live online conversation with Dr. Nick Walker On the Intersection of Queerness and Neurodivergence

Over the past 17 years, Nick Walker has played a key role in the emergence of the neurodiversity paradigm—a framework for scholarship, practice, and social justice work where treating human neurocognitive variations such as autism, dyslexia, and ADHD as medical pathologies or “disorders” is understood to be a form of systemic oppression along the same lines as the pathologizing of homosexuality in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Join queer autistic author and educator Dr. Walker for an uplifting conversation exploring the edges and intersections of neurodiversity, gender, Queer Theory, embodiment, creativity, somatic psychology, and the human capacity for transformation. Dr. Walker shares insights from her latest book, Neuroqueer Heresies, a decade’s worth of her most influential writings on the neurodiversity paradigm and autistic empowerment along with her radical conceptualization of Neuroqueer Theory, which applies a Queer Theory lens to neurodiversity.

Discover how queerness and neurodivergence intersect, and how we can liberate ourselves from the strictures of both heteronormativity and neuronormativity.

:globe_with_meridians: Register for the event here
:spiral_calendar: February 16, 2022
:clock7: 7:00 pm Online (PST)
:heavy_dollar_sign: Pay What You Can - $10

2 Likes

Excellent! Excited for this series you’ve put together!

1 Like

Thank you. I am merely pulling in {with consent from Lux, their workshops someplace visible and transparent for others} I can’t take credit for more than Markdown / Emoji skills and thread holding.

Been a fan of Dr Nick Walker back when I was actively seeking queer non fiction // I stumbled on her writings on neuroqueer ideology and didn’t actually read any of her non fiction I was geekin on the heady content lol can’t help it, It’s my jam.

@saintmedusa and others may be interested in the Neuroqueer lit anthologies or even comics.

:tv: Consent as an Awareness Practice :point_left:t5: watch the recording here!