Notes to self.
SourceCred is super amazing and magical
- would be awesome to share that magic with lots of people
We want to help people discover and play the SourceCred game.
- super simple onboarding process
- great UX
- aligned incentives with real value creation
Meta Goals for EthDenver
- pilot programs
- core contributors
- user adoption of SourceCred on their repos and forums
Developers seems like the audience we need the most right now
- We could have a hackathon
- contributors get Cred (recognition, rewards, and ownership in the SourceCred protocol)
- value prop: spend hours doing fun things and get Cred
- no middle man => submit a PR and get Cred
- we could recruit developers by having them start initiatives and then recruit their friends to contribute to the project (Cred for everyone!) => team project
- permission-less innovation
- positive sum value creation for contributions
- no middle man in the process
- just build cool stuff and get recognized and rewarded
Could we have a visualization to show Cred created during the conference?
- need to update the Odyssey hackathon viz tool (Artifacts, Initiatives, and users => 2-4 weeks of work)
- what if we created a separate repo for hackathon projects and then created a separate leaderboard for that repo that would be updated in real time?
Overall this project (and event) is a great way to incentivize us to get all our documentation and data organized so that people can learn and contribute to SourceCred at EthDenver.