A SourceCred event where very involved contributors have been invited to come together and focus on their SC projects, get to know each other, and orient on collective goals/values for the coming year. This event also aligns with Sustain Web3 (where Dandelion will be speaking) and ETH Denver (where we’ll have a SourceCred team).
The event will be held in Denver, in a large Airbnb house between the 11th and 18th of February 2020.
(Those invitees who wish to stay in the community house must fill out their Registration Form before the 10th of January to be guaranteed a room in the house. You are not required to stay in the community house.)
Tuesday, 2/11: Arrival, settle in, evening social
Friday 2/14 - Sunday 2/16: Attend ETHDenver (probably throw a party)
Monday, 2/17 - Tuesday, 2/18: Team planning + decompression
Wednesday, 2/19: Departures
CredCon will be beneficial to both the SourceCred project, and the SourceCred Team:
Creates opportunity for involved contributors to meet and get to know each other. Establishing helpful social and emotional context between contributors.
Facilitates aligning larger goals/actions within the team for the coming year in a lower-friction environment.
Creates space for contributors to brainstorm and collaborate together at a faster pace than online. Imagine the new ideas that will come out of CredCon!
Attending ETH Denver as a group creates hype and draws new contributors into the project.
Opportunity to create a SourceCred video.
Yo, it’s just going to be a lot of fun.
Curate list of people we want to invite (Completed)
Confirm final list of attendees (PLEASE FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM IF YOU ARE ATTENDING)
Book housing in Denver for confirmed attendees (deadline JAN 10th)
Attendees book flights (to be reimbursed)
Ensure folks are signed up for the additional events (ETHDenver, Sustain Web3)
Create budget for expected expenses (i.e. snacks, booze, office supplies, etc)
Create general agenda for CredCon
Organize consent workshop
A dope event that could very well become annual.
- Secure enough funding to pay for it
- CredCon Event/Logistics Planning
- Initial idea generation by @decentralion and @LB over text message
- Brainstorming the idea with @decentralion, @LB, @burrrata, and @s_ben
- Initial invite sent by @decentralion, reviewed by @LB
- Housing logistics Google form setup by @LB
- Editing of this Initiative for clarity by @LB
- CredCon - Everything You Need to Know Guide created by @LB
- Email responses to filling out CredCon Registration Form by @LB
- @decentralion reached out to PL to see if they’d like to help fund CredCon
- Venues booked by @LB
- Coordination with Media Team by @LB and @decentralion