I am here to officially introduce the idea of a SourceCred podcast! Included below are my initial thoughts and goals for this project, but I would love to hear feedback from you all about how a podcast could best serve this community. Please feel free to comment and/or use the Podcast Idea Generator form I’ve created to voice your ideas and desired involvement.
The idea is to create a compelling podcast that encapsulates the spirit, community, work, and vision of SourcCred. A podcast could bring value and an audience to the SourceCred community through creative documentation, and be used as a tool for onboarding, outreach, and articulation of community mission and values.
- 10 episodes, released bi-weekly, shared both internally and across podcast platforms
- To appeal to a technical & non-technical audience, and reach individuals outside the SourceCred community
- To be a hub of information for those looking to better understand SourceCred and its implications on the future of organizations
- To introduce themes, supported and articulated by SourceCred community members, that reflect how SourceCred’s work is relevant to a variety of solvable problems
- To share entertaining stories about interesting humans and how they ended up here !
- Establish a name and intro for the podcast
- Select themes, interviewees, and questions
- Create an episode plan that makes the series cohesive and followable
Record and Upload
- Yalor and I are working together right now to smooth out questions around the technical side of the podcast. We imagine that interviews will be about an hour long, but each episode could be cut down to 35-45 minutes. Fortunately Yalor has found someone to do our audio editing/clean up, and we are receiving guidance from her about how to best record and upload content.
- Upload to podcast platforms (iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify etc.)
- Publish on SourceCred website/blog
Thank you so much for reading, and I am excited to hear others’ ideas for this project!