SourceCred Color Exploration

As proposed in logo coloring game, this thread is for experimenting with SourceCred logo colors! In the logo coloring game, I assumed we’d be trying to choose the “true canonical” colors for SourceCred. During an in person conversation with @ericronne and @jessicaschilling, we realized the logo is distinct enough that we could actually have a whole plethora of colors we use. For printing stickers and such, it would be super cool if there are many different color palettes to choose from!

I build this observable notebook to make it super easy to experiment with and share new logo colors. The system is simple. First, click on the color swatches to pull up a color picker:

Once you change the color, it will live update on the SourceCred logo below:

Then, you can just post a screenshot of the resultant image as your logo color proposal! The swatch deliberately puts the logo on a white and a black background, and at a few different scales, so we can get a good sense of how it will look in a variety of contexts.

(Minor request for Observable notebook help: would appreciate if anyone can fork the notebook and get the color swatches to be aligned horizontally rather than vertically, it will reduce the wasted space in the UI.)

Happy color picking, my fellow creative credizens! Here’s the link again!

2 Likes

To get this started off, here are the colors that @LB and I picked when doing our initial logo explorations.

Thanks to this color palette website which was the basis for choosing these colors!

Green version:

2 Likes

1 Like

Discourse isn’t allowing me to reply more than 3 times to one post, so putting remaining here.

Primary colors:

Purple:

2 Likes

Pumpkin Spice Cred :laughing:

2 Likes

EarthCred

3 Likes

WatchYourLevelsCred

base: #c1502e
mid : #8b6f47
edge: #d4ac6e
back: #454140
pupl: #50394c

base: #ffcc5c
mid : #8b6f47
edge: #405d27
back: #c1946a
pupl: #484f4f

An eye… or the sun? :thinking:

I tried to use colors from the different PL OSS projects here:

3 Likes

Here’s a random smattering. I think the black-and-white explorations are interesting, if only as inspiration for zoetrope-esque animation.

earth

inverted sprout untitled concept which got me thinking about flags, and of morphing the color tool into a utility for folks to stamp themselves with their own versions of the mark zoetrope

4 Likes

Diging the zoetropes

2 Likes

1 Like

Heres a color scheme proposed by @LB while exploring with @ericronne and @jessicaschilling

1 Like

1 Like